Sunday 27 November 2011

Sunday, day of rest

So, it's 3.30pm on a Sunday. I'm watching X-Factor on repeat, thinking of sewing buttons onto bags and also thinking about all of the managing change revision I should be doing. Work-avoidance you could say, but it is Sunday and sometimes we really do need to take a day of rest and ,well, I can't have tomorrow as my rest day cos that would mean pulling a sickie.

I have to admit to pulling a sickie now and again but more interesting excuses for not going to work have included 'I'm locked IN the house' or 'I can't lock my front door because the key is stuck'. Little fibs, I'm too grown up for such fibs now but the youth of today probably still have to come up with ridiculous little fibs to recover from the effects of drinking on a school night- I'm too old for that too.

I've never found a proper hangover cure, I don't think that there is one. Today's hangover could not face a cooked breakfast. I did have 1000mg of vitamin C at 6am this morning- I think this helps a hangover but it really hasn't given me any energy to do anything. I need to sleep but I'm just not a day dreamer.

Last night I ended up having £2.95 vodka trebles in a bar in Newcastle, followed by chips from Clayton Street Chippy. Not that I remember eating the chips. Trebles are bad. No stories to tell, no dancing, just chatting with friends and this has resulted in a wasted day.

I've been to the park with the dog, thrown some beef and veg into the slow cooker and this is lovely, relaxing but I wish I could fully relax without thinking of all of the things that I should be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment