Monday 10 September 2012

New diet... Fasting 5:2

So the diet up to my holiday had me stuck at scale mate. I managed to hit 8 stone but only for one day (after a big poo). Saying that, I did find myself fitting into size 10 jeans in some shops. I'm still not confidently a size 10, I'd say I'm a 10-12 and the mission is to be a size 10.

I've been reading recently about an intermittent fasting diet, eating only 500 calories two days per week and eating normally the rest of the week. Today is the day that I try to fast. I've worked out a 500 calorie day plan (using the quick calorie guide found in the book 'Cook Yourself Thin' and google searches for anything not included in the book) and I'm going to do this twice a week (if I can) to see how this goes.

Here is what I plan to eat on my fasting day:
Breakfast: Poached egg = 82
1 slice of wholemeal Toast, Warburtons 400g loaf = 58 (no butter or spread)
Coffee with Skimmed Milk = 20
Total 160 cal

Lunch:
Half tin of tuna = 70
Lettuce, 60g = 10
1 Tomato = 15
Total 95 cal

Dinner: Grilled chicken breast, 100g = 120
Steamed broccoli, 90g = 22
Boiled carrots 50g = 12
Total 154
Total for day = 409

This leaves 91 calories for a couple of cups of coffee and I may snack on a tomato or carrot if I'm feeling starving.

All in all, this doesn't sound too bad, three meals... lets go..

Some links to further reading on the fasting 5:2 diet research/ news articles:

Telegraph
Some nice 250 cal recipes:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/9483381/52-diet-healthy-recipes-250-calories-or-less.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-19112549

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2183677/Why-starvation-diet-actually-good--make-live-longer.html

No comments:

Post a Comment