Monday 17 September 2012

Week 2 of my fasting diet

Ok, it's Monday; fasting day and I'm pretty hungry right now!

Week one of the diet didn't seem too bad, in fact, the second fasting day had me in a much chirpier mood than usual at work. Not sure if the two things are related but I guess I'll find out if it continues. You generally wouldn't confuse my face with a ray of sunshine (especially not at work) but for some reason I just had a some new energy from somewhere- I was wearing a yellow top instead of the usual black frock so maybe it was also a little bit of colour therapy.

Today I think I may have over-indulged in some strawberries and mistakenly thought that a piece of salmon would have about the same amount of calories as chicken but it actually has more! Baked salmon 100g is approx 190 calories so I have gone over a little to around 550 calories today. I had the same breakfast and dinner as last week but for tea I had salmon (marinaded in soy sauce, lemon and chilli) with cabbage, carrots and peas. I'm a little disappointed that I didn't check the calorie content before I made my tea and I hope that this has not been a wasted fasting day.

What the scales say:

Scales show a couple of pounds lost but it's only been a week so I'm not too bothered about that just yet. I'm usually a scale addict and weigh myself in the morning everyday but I've been trying to not get too obsessed with the morning step on, step off, have a wee, take off my socks and step back on! Maybe I should get the measuring tape out but I have a problem with misplacing it. I don't know why, I must have at least 5 tape measures in my house but they all end up missing (in a place where the pens and odd socks hide).

The other days:

On the days when I've not been fasting I have still been eating reasonably healthy. I'm still weighing out carbs as I had done before in my healthy eating plan. I've also had a couple of treats; a slice of carrot cake, a packet of crisps and a few gin and slimline tonics.... OK so I've had a few treats.

I shall end my post with a pic of my fasting-spoiling-calorie-laden dinner of salmon and veg whilst kicking myself for not checking first. Lesson learnt: do the math.

No comments:

Post a Comment