Saturday 28 August 2010

All in a days work!

WOOOPS!! A few weeks after making my half hearted list of what I need to do before I'm 30 I have accomplished one part of my final plan!! I no longer work in a crappy office! I erm... Quit. I have never quit a job before on my life (that I can remember) Managed to negotiate my notice down from four weeks to about four hours on a random Wednesday. This felt good at the time but now I need to (even quicker than ever) come up with a money maker, to pay the mortgage.



Now, in the middle of a recession, it would seem absurd to quit a fairly safe job. However, when you realise that you are going to work leaving behind your common sense, integrity and any morals just to make it through the day, it surely is the time to quit. On my first day of unemployment I emailed my CV to every recruitment agency in my email address book. I must have about ten saved. Only one rang back, for a job in Sunderland!!!!!!!!!! When you live five minutes from Newcastle there is no reason to sit on a metro for one whole hour to get to Sunderland...... Is there? I guess I'll find out when I can no longer pay the mortgage and have to give in to the idea. I would then have a crappier office job in a less convienient location and will be even more sick. Well, they do say that the grass is always greener on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment