Saturday 28 August 2010

Monday always follows Sunday, poor Sunday!

So, Monday, the first day of my new working (on a money making scheme) week... Interesting. I slept in, turned the alarm off and didn't get up till 9.30! However I am not feeling guilty for my lazy lack of get up and go. I did get up at 7am and made a coffee but I went back to sleep. I had made a to-do list and have done all of the 'to-do' things. Now I just have to wait to see if bag day was a hit or miss idea. Looking at my listings on ebay every five minutes may not really be improving anything much. Along with my 'planned' to do things I have also had a couple of unexpected occurrences.




The first was a call from a possible new employer, after an interview the other day. Message left was could I ring back to arrange an 'informal chat' with the executive office for some job there. Hmmm, office, executive office?!? Although this is against my new thing of never stepping foot in an office again, I think I have to go to see what the job is, or so I thought at the time.



Second occurrence, I won £500 on an online lotto game. Now, I don't normally play any instant win games but a friend had just won £60 so I thought I'd give it a go. I put £10 on and won in the first couple of quid! I then transferred this immediately to my account. Now, whilst I realise that this is not a life changing amount, well, not under normal circumstances anyway. It did make me think that maybe everything does happen for a reason, this amount would cover my mortgage payment this month. I could even buy some silver to make some jewellery for my collection of wondrously wonderful handmade things. Oh yeah, another thing I hadn't mentioned yet I did do a course, a few years ago, to learn how to make some sterling silver jewellery . I haven't really made any since but have just been ordering wet and dry sand paper to get started again. Anyway, my point was, is the £500 lotto win a carrot? A glimmer of hope that all is not lost, that I should not give in to the office? Is it? I don't know. I made an actual choice to walk out of the last job, that I had put up with for one whole year, it was an extreme situation, the place of work actually made me crazy. Do I really want to go back to another office? Or would doing that make my walk out a waste?



Crumbs, looking back at my list, A was win the lotto, OK so it was only £500 I was aiming a little higher but I appear to have done it, surely I can't complain that it wasn't the jackpot. Maybe I should have put that as my point A. Win the jackpot! Point B was to think up a money making scheme, well, I sold one bag!! Just point C to achieve now- make lots doing very little. What are the chances? So far in an obscure way I have ticked off most of my list, even the points that were only in case of a miracle. Hmmmmmmmm. Now the real plan should be to set up my own business, be my own boss and make some money maybe?!

No comments:

Post a Comment