Wednesday 14 March 2012

The diet turns into healthy eating

So, I've given up counting the days of my diet. My food diary for a month or so clearly shows the problems:
  • weekends
  • beers
  • alcohol
  • takeaways
The question is, what am I prepared to give up for the bikini body? The answer seems to be: not a lot. Between now and my holiday I'm going to concentrate on 'healthy eating' and I'm going to stop saying I'm on a diet. I'm not really giving anything up, just  concentrating on regular meals and portion control. There are some things that have been easy adjustments, some of them I will keep with:
  • skimmed milk
  • lean meat
  • low fat everything (cheese, yogurt, salad cream etc)
  • creme fresh for sauces
  • portion sizes of carbs (50g rice or pasta, 100g potato, small brown buns)
  • Eat breakfast every day!!
  • fresh fruit and veg
  • allowing a 100 cal ish snack

Hmmmmm that kinda still sounds like diet rules but I'm sticking with 'healthy eating'.

The scales today show no movement from the last weigh in, I'm hoping that maintaining the healthy eating will result in a gradual weight drop that lasts.

I'm also going to do more exercise.... this is my worst bit as I have every form of physical activity, I have no balance, co-ordination or motivation so this is an actual challenge.

I did buy some cheap tone up trainers so I can walk the dog and feel like I'm training (ha ha ha ha) I got some AVIA itrain. To review their effectiveness I guess will take a few more tries but so far (and from the second I tried them on) they are the most comfy trainers I've ever tried on. Admittedly, I haven't worn trainers from about five years. I find that walking in them is bouncy as the heel is soft and squishy, it makes me walk faster! I also noticed that I can feel a bit more of a muscle working in my legs, particularly the fronts of my thighs.... this could all be in my head but lets see.

I haven't done any yoga since my last blog post, maybe I'm going to have to schedule this into my life as its not working out right now (I'm too lazy). Walking the dog though has to happen twice a day so I can happily bounce around the streets in my training shoes without any extra effort!

Tea today, baked salmon with spinach, salsa and baked potato...... Followed by an apple and black currant FAB; only 90 cals!!





No comments:

Post a Comment