Saturday 17 March 2012

I miss Sydney

There are days like this, when the sun filters through the blinds and warms my face, I miss Sydney. I only lived there for a few months but at the time it felt like home; I think I left part of me there because now and again I miss it so much. I miss my local Duffy Brothers store. I miss the coffee shop where I would stop and have warmed banana bread. I've tried to make banana bread myself but failed. Nowhere in Newcastle seems to have it (I haven't found anywhere yet) if you know of somewhere please let me know!!

I miss the sun of Sydney and miss sitting out on the balcony taking in the views of the city. I miss Betty's soup kitchen and I miss the noodle bars.

I didn't think that I could lose my heart to a city but I think I really did. I want to go back.


Picture below: nothing like proper banana bread! Soreen banana loaf with chocolate spread...... Naughty snack!
A pic of Gloria Jean's coffee shop ... A trip down memory lane via google maps!! If you zoom in enough you can almost see the banana bread in the counter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment